Friday, February 11, 2011

Cold Cheeks!!

My girls love to play outside in the snow and beg to play even when the temperature is way below freezing. Last week I gave in and bundled Ali and Ash up and let them go out in 10 degree weather. I know, I know...that's too cold, but I'm a sucker and we were all going crazy inside. They only lasted about 10 minutes and when they came in Ali was crying, not because she was too cold, but instead because she had just recently learned about frost bite.  She couldn't feel her cheeks, so she was sure she had it, which also meant that her cheeks would turn black and fall off. She was completely distraught and not easily convinced that the numbness was temporary and her cheeks were there to stay.

9 comments:

  1. :( She looks so sad! I would die, I get cold when it's like 70 with a breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahah!! She is so funny! Those cheeks do look a little rosey! she looks so big! I love seeing your posts!!hope you guys are doing good. we sure miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh.... That's so sweet! I remember learning about sharks and after that I was TERRIFIED of swimming in Ash Springs. I just KNEW they would get me :) It's funny what kids pick up and apply to their lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little thing - she was probably terrified! That would suck not being able to go out because its too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute. I love those kind of things about kids they have something in there mind and that is the way it is. What a good memory for her to have when she is 16. Email me so I can invite you to my blog. I would love to hear from you. I guess you need my email it is...lovetoropem@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. BBaa Hahahaha!! Sarah that is so dang funny. Love you and miss you all so much. Ha ha ha I can't get over Ali in that pic, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh she is sweet i just want to kiss those little cheeks miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. brrrr. That looks like it hurts. I wanted to add you to my blog list but mine is privite so for you to view it send me your email and I'll add you ... vonandjenn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How funny is that!
    Good to catch up with your family!
    So, I am in Texas with your cousin Karlee! She's so cute... Wish she would've come to Va Beach with us a few years back.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete